Yes, yes…it is true – you are reading that correctly! I have been humbly trying a different approach on my healing journey for the last week or so and that is by reducing the raw foods and increasing cooked foods in my diet. I’ve been seeing an acupuncturist and he has told me that my stomach and spleen energy are very low and that in order to increase them I have to add more cooked foods to my diet, even if it is on a temporary basis. So I thought about it for awhile and then finally decided well, what do I have to lose really? 34 years of cooked foods didn’t kill me so what’s wrong with a few weeks or even months at this stage?
So, I’ve been eating mainly steamed veggies every day and also an occasional salad or some fruit. I try to stay away from the rice even if it is brown rice because I noticed that the rice really brings my energy levels down. I have also been told that there is too much ‘damp’ in my body and the best way to combat damp is with cooked foods. I don’t mind being the guinea pig here, it if works I shall let all of you know. I think we have to be flexible on our healing journeys and also be open to receiving the right information when it is needed for us. For many of you it may be the perfect time for a raw food cleansing diet and I fully support you on that path. But I have been suffering with some lingering bacterias in my body and all of the raw garlic and raw food in the world has not sorted it out for me yet, so I’m gonna give this 5,000-year old Chinese thing a try. With the change in diet and over 3 weeks of acupuncturist so far, I have felt a difference but I can’t really tell where the big picture is taking me just yet.
I do hope that I will balance out the energies and get back to 90-100% raw food soon!
That’s enough on the body for today…how is everyone doing in mind and spirit?? Here’s a little loving nudge to work on forgiveness in your life, LET GO of any lingering negative emotions and tell everyone in your life whom you love that you love them! When you work on your meditation today, focus on the gratitude that you feel for all of the abundance in your life and visualize yourself in your perfect state of health, whatever that means to you.
We must have the powerful energies of gratitude and love flowing freely through us in order to reach our full healing potential!
Much love from a sunny corner of Koh Samui…
More on Raw Food:
- Are you eating Processed Foods? Improve the quality of your food, your health & your life!
- Beginner’s Guide to Green Smoothies
- Earliest Raw Food and Fasting Book: The Ancient Essene Gospel of the Peace
- Raw Food Recipe for Thai Green Papaya Salad or ‘Som Tam’ Salad – Video
- Liver Flush Detox Drink – Recipe for a Daily Liver Cleanse
More on Organic Food:
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador: The Raw Food Valley of Longevity… or Just Hype?
- Images of Natural, Healthy Hawaii…
- Stop Premature Aging: Take this Anti-Aging Quiz and Mirror Test Now!
- Get Affordable Organic Food with Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Vegetable Home Delivery
- MSG hidden in Packaged Foods: Why I don’t buy 90% of the ‘food’ at WholeFoods
More on Detox: