A great recipe for after your detox, this cucumber, celery and onion salad is a delicious blend of flavors and combined with spinach makes for a nice lunch or dinner salad. It has very little fat and is a good salad for weight loss or for keeping your weight off after your fast.
You can use different dressings for the salad, but in this creation I made a tangy Green Onion dressing. If you mix the ingredients together and allow to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours, the salad will taste even better! Cucumbers are great for the skin and for overall cleansing due to their high-water content. Onions are an anti-parasitic, anti-fungal and anti-viral food. Celery is a high source of organic sodium, an important mineral for anyone suffering from arthritis or joint pain. Ground flax seed in the dressing adds fiber and omega proteins. Raw apple cider vinegar is excellent for balancing pH health and is also good against internal fungus (candida) and parasites. Cayenne Pepper is great for circulation and for strengthening the blood and the heart. Let your food be your medicine!
Raw Cucumber & Onion Salad
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green scallions or green onion, chopped
- Fresh spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup green scallions or onions
- 2-3 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1-2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
Mix all salad ingredients in a large glass bowl and set aside. Make the dressing using a mini-food processor. First, add the apple cider vinegar and scallions and blend. Then add the ground flax seed, raw honey, cayenne and salt and process until creamy.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly. To serve, arrange the spinach leaves on a plate in a nice circular pattern. Place the salad on top for a beautiful, healthy creation!
<strong>More Healthy Recipes:</strong>
- Raw Food Recipe – Delicious Waldorf Salad
- Win a FREE Nutri NINJA Blender DUO + Green Smoothie Book Giveaway!
- How to Make Fresh Sprouts at Home
- Healthy Frozen Treat: Raw Banana Chocolate Almond Popsicles Recipe
- Identifying Wild Edible Greens for Green Smoothies
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- How to Ask the Right Questions at a Farmers Market - 25 March, 2018
- Protein Powders containing Mercury, Lead, Arsenic and Cadmium: WARNING! - 15 March, 2018
- DIY Indoor Grow Light Stands for under $100 - 12 March, 2018
- Gut-Brain Axis: Probiotics are the Missing Link to Depression - 18 January, 2018