I want to share with you some great gift ideas for your healthy friend, family member or loved one this holiday season. Admittedly, it’s not always easy to shop for health-oriented people like “us,” since we may have unusual or unconventional ideas of what we like. But don’t be afraid to read more! You don’t have to buy me an enema bag and organic coffee to make me happy, and I’m sure many other people will agree!
Check out the list below and maybe you will find the perfect gift for that special someone, even if they are a vegetarian or vegan, yogi tree-hugging minimalist living in a yurt or a tiny house.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. I may receive compensation when you click on links to those products.
Healthy Gift Ideas under $20
Need a small stocking stuffer for an office holiday party, secret Santa or just on a tight budget? Here are some nice, meaningful and extremely useful gifts for anyone interested in health and wellness:
- Castor Oil Kit – This is especially great for liver/gallbladder cleansing and also useful in healing muscle or sports injuries. The kit contains castor oil, a wool cloth (note: wool may not be a suitable gift for all vegans) and cleaning wipes. Add in a heating pad for a complete ready-to-use at-home liver and gallbladder cleanse.
- Buddha Quote Poster – “Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.” A beautiful quote and perfect poster for a sauna or meditation room.
- Green Smoothies for Dummies book – Plugging my own book here, but actually this is a great recipe book and an excellent resource for anyone who wants to start the new year right. One smoothie green per day is an fantastic New Year’s Resolution and can help anyone, no matter what your health goal.
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – These lamps provide a warm, natural glow. When heated, the lamp emits negative ions into the air; those are the clean “healthy” molecules of air that you get from the forest or the sea. This lamp is perfect for a meditation room or even at the desk of someone who works long hours at the office.
- Tibetan Meditation Singing Bowl – A beautiful gift for a enchanting chime to start and end a meditation practice. The sound is helpful for de-stressing, detoxing and releasing negative thoughts.
Healthy Gift Ideas under $50
- Osho Zen Tarot Cards – Do you know someone going through a lot of change and transition in their life right now? They may like the magical zen tarot set from Osho, complete with a book to explain each card.
- Bamboo wood digital LED clock – Adds a serene, minimalist feeling to any home, whether tiny or not!
- Squatty Potty – Ok, I know this one is close to the whole enema thing and may only be an appropriate gift for close family or friends…but seriously, if you someone you love is suffering from constipation, this could be the best gift they ever receive. With 60 to 70 million people affected by all digestive diseases, I would say there is a pretty good chance that someone you know needs a Squatty Potty!
- Amethyst Quartz Crystal Cluster – Amethyst helps promote relaxation and is known to help slow down the “monkey mind.” It’s especially helpful to have amethyst in the bedroom if you have trouble sleeping at night.
- Meditation Floor Chair with back support – If someone you love is working on their vision board and/or meditation room, then this is the perfect gift for them! These floor chairs make meditating SO much more comfortable, easy and enjoyable!
Healthy Gift Ideas under $100
- Create the perfect bath gift basket with a dry skin brush, Epsom salts, French almond soap, organic lavender oil, a lavender eye mask, castor oil and a hair towel, an aromatherapy candle, and a foot pumice stone. Does that sounds like a healing detox bath or what?! Find all of the items for your healing basket here.
- Organic cotton sheet set – splurge on a loved one with something they will use (and thank you for) every single day. Nothing is softer on the skin than organic cotton. If someone you love has trouble sleeping at night, this is a wonderful gift. (You can also help them feng shui their bedroom for more restful and peaceful sleep.)
- Rebounder or Mini-Trampoline – Great exercise for the circulatory system, including the lymphatic system. Just 5-10 minutes per day is all you need. Especially good for anyone with circulatory weakness or lymphatic-related conditions. This is also an excellent yet gentle for of detoxification for the body.
Healthy Gift Ideas under $300
- Chi machine – This machine helps stimulate and cleanse the lymphatic system, simply with the gentle back and forth movement it creates. It helps you feel more relaxed and energized at the same time. The machine is great for someone with limited movement due to illness, chemotherapy, or fatigue. It’s highly recommended for fibromyalgia and Multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Quartz Crystal Singing Bowl – This is truly a treat for the mind, body and soul! Anyone who is into meditation, zen gardens and/or energy healing will appreciate this gift to add to their home or office.
- Noise cancellation headphones – These are actually great for travel on airplanes, buses and trains when you want to listen to your audio book, meditation guide or affirmation CD without any distraction. Also highly recommended for people with anxiety, combined with an app for sleep music…with sounds of the forest, rain or sea..good for calming the nerves and relaxing the mind.
Healthy Gift Ideas over $1000
- Far Infrared Sauna – A daily sauna can help with detoxification, chronic pain, chronic fatigue, healing after chemotherapy, autism, chronic migraines and insomnia. It’s non-invasive and does not require any change of diet. This is a gift that can keep on giving for many years to come. 40-60 minutes per day is ideal.
- Amethyst BioMat – Once you try the biomat, you never go back! Nothing better for a total energy recharge and release of negative thoughts, stress and tension. The biomat is especially good for chronic pain, insomnia, chronic headaches, cancer, auto-immune diseases and depression.
- Organic bamboo charcoal pillow-top mattress – Ahhh, just the thought of this is making me sleepy! Really though, it’s a wonderful gift if you have the money to spend. I’m a big believer in having the best mattress, pillows and sheets, especially considering how important it is for your health to get a good night’s sleep!
I hope you found a few good ideas in what I’ve shared here. And if you don’t have the money or are not into gift-giving, that’s ok too! Spending quality time with the people you love is the most important thing, not spending money! Having a nice meal, sharing stories and laughter or just getting friends and family together – all of these are gifts that are not only important for our happiness, but also for our health.
Happiness, joy, laughter and love – all of these are alkaline-forming energies that help reduce blood pressure and boost the immune system. You definitely don’t need “things” to bring happiness and health into your life. But you do need love. And everyone needs more of that!!
More information on cleansing here:
More on anti-Aging:
- Motivational Health Quotes from Paul Bragg
- Top 10 Secrets for Good Health and Longevity: How to Create Your Personal ‘Blue Zone’
- Why I still love my Daily Green Smoothie…
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador: The Raw Food Valley of Longevity… or Just Hype?
- Why the “Detox Myth” is a Myth!
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019