Fresh Homemade Mustard, Easy!
This is a great recipe if you are looking to remove all food additives from your diet and/or enjoy raw foods in new ways. Normal store-sold mustards can contain artificial colorings, preservatives and thickening agents, not to mention flavor enhancers. Make your own mustard at home and be sure you are eating a fail-safe additive-free natural form of mustard. It tastes even better when made fresh and will cost you less money too!
- 1/4 cup organic yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup organic brown or black mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (or 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Raw Organic Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon organic turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Mustard Recipe Instructions
- Soak mustard seeds in water and apple cider vinegar for 24 – 36 hours. Make sure the seeds are covered with the liquid.
- Combine mustard seeds and liquid with remaining ingredients in high-speed blender.
- Add water to desired consistency.
Yield: 2 Cups. Will keep in the fridge for a few weeks.
You can use all yellow mustard seeds if you would like. You can also add herbs and spices to your liking.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $8.49Was: $9.49
Price: $4.47Was: $7.44
Price: $6.81Was: $8.09
More Raw Food Dressings & Dips:
- Raw Food Recipe: Raw Mustard
- Recipe for a Fresh Homemade Tomato Mexican Salsa
- Recipe: Raw Tahini, Garlic and Lemon Salad Dressing or Veggie Dip…and it’s Amazing!
- Raw Food Recipe: Spicy Pumpkin Seed Cheese
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019