Create a Healthy Living Space for a Healthy You!
Making a plan for healthy habits has to include a healthy space to make your creations. Your kitchen should be a comfortable clean inviting place. When the energy is good, you feel happier. The food picks up that vibration and actually becomes healthier for you. It’s true!
Take some time this week to get your kitchen ready for all those yummy Green Smoothies and real Healthy Bliss!
1. Clean out your pantry of expired foods.
Old foods have a dead energy. Get rid of them! Check the dates on everything periodically. If there is no date, get rid of it if you have not used it in more than 1 year.
2. Check foods for mold.
Look in any jars or powders in your fridge. If you see mold, get rid of it! Mold can spread through spores in the air; if one food is infected, others will be soon too!
3. Switch to glass containers.
Although glass storage is more expensive than plastic, it’s an investment in your health. Especially when storing salads with vinegar, the plastic can be leached into the food. Store dry goods in glass jars. For glass containers, look for store coupons, buy on sale, or check discount stores.
4. Get sharp knives.
Having a good set of sharp knives makes preparing food so much more enjoyable and easier! Is it time to replace a knife, can it be sharpened? Get your kitchen ready for chopping bliss!
5. Store cutting boards dry.
When you rinse your cutting boards, be sure they are totally dry before putting away. Stacking wet cutting boards makes a breeding ground for bacteria and mold.
6. Create healthy counter space!
Keep your kitchen in order by only keeping healthy essentials on the counter, like a blender or juicer. When those items are looking at you every day, you are much more likely to use them!
7. Clean out the fridge and defrost the freezer.
It’s easy to wipe the refrigerator shelves with white vinegar and baking soda. Old remnants of food on shelves is not only unsanitary and but has a stale energy. Your food should be treated and stored like valuable jewelry, in a beautiful clean container!
8. Play music, make the kitchen fun!
The happier you are when preparing food, the more likely you are to do it again and again. Take time to be grateful, feel happy, appreciate your health, and give thanks to your food while you prepare your creation. Sing out loud, the more fun the better!
9. Decorate with fresh food.
There’s nothing more inviting to a healthy kitchen than a bowl of fresh colorful fruit, a line of tomatoes on the window or a few fresh herbs growing in small containers. As you rotate foods with the season, your kitchen changes too!
10. Get inspired with new recipes & cookbooks!
Clean out any old cookbooks from your unhealthy past and make way for new recipes and inspiration for the New You! Experimenting with raw food salads, smoothies and recipes keeps life interesting. When your food tastes good and is good for you, healthy bliss comes naturally!
More on Healthy Living:
- True Story of Faith & Healing with John of God in Brazil
- Green Smoothie Recipes and Inspiration
- Coconut Philosophy – It’s What’s Inside that Counts!
- Another reason to Avoid Processed Food – e.coli in Nestle cookies!
- Reconnect with Nature in Guatemala with Fresh Juice, Raw Food, Mayan Ruins & Volcanoes
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019