I’ve just got to tell you guys about this amazing restaurant in case you didn’t know, yes there is a 100% raw food restaurant in Bangkok – Rasayana Retreat, just off of Sukhumvit Soi 39 near the Emporium Shopping Mall. It is well worth the trip.
They have great juices, soups, salads, mains and desserts – all at very reasonable prices.
My favorites are the Hawaiian Pizza, the Thai Pasta, the Thai Lemongrass (Tom Kha) Soup and the Strawberry cake, just to name a few.
The Thai pasta noodles are made from strips of coconut flesh and zucchini; the sauce is made fresh using tomato, beet root, chili, garlic, ginger, raisins, macadamia nuts and kaffir lime leaf. It’s a must-try for raw food visitors to Thailand!
The Tom Kha soup is a blended raw soup made with coconut water, coconut flesh, lemongrass, galangal, lime, kaffir lime leaves, avocado, miso and salt to taste. Wow!
You’ve gotta taste it to experience it for yourself! They offer daily specials as well.
Best of all is they do great takeaways, so what I normally do is go there on my last night in Bangkok and order takeaways for my long flights, that way I have beautiful fresh raw food for my plane journey. They give you all the salad dressings in separate containers and I’ve never had a problem taking any of it on the plane.
Rasayana also some yummy raw snacks for sale like Macadamia Nut Bread, Raw Brownies, Raw Donuts, Beet Root Cookies and Seed Bars, so stock up while you’re there!
You can find healthy food in Bangkok 🙂 Let’s all support Rasayana so they stay around for a long time to come!
To get to Rasayana Raw Food Vegan Vegetarian Restaurant in Bangkok, Thailand, take the sky train to Phrom Prom station, and exit towards Soi 39. From Soi 39, you can take a tuk tuk taxi directly to Rasayana for 30 Baht. It’s about a 5-minute ride or a 15-minute walk.
Tell the manager, Norah Jones, that J.lo from Koh Samui sent you 🙂
More on Traveling Raw:
- Top 5 Tips on How to Recover from Jet Lag & Travel
- How to Clean Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- How to Eat Out and Order Raw Food in Normal Restaurants
- Restaurant Cards for Celiac, Gluten-Free & MSG-Free
- Fasting Retreat, Organic Raw Food & Total Relaxation at Farm of Life in Costa Rica
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019