WALDORF SALAD Recipe – Vegan & Raw (serves 2)
- 2 apples (any style)
- 3 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, ideally soaked for 2-3 hours (can replace with dried cranberries as well)
- 2 cups fresh chopped pineapple or 2 cups green grapes (sliced into halves) or 4 kiwi fruit (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup dried walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh green onion (chives) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh grated carrot
Blend together in a Blender or Mini-Food Processor:
- 3-4 walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon sweet mustard (or 1 tsp. dried mustard seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil (or less)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons raw honey or 2 soft dates
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- A few Tablespoons of water – to get the consistency you want. (Alternatively you can add some pineapple and apple chunks into the blender)
Toss salad ingredients with your homemade dressing before serving.
This can be eaten as a healthy, filling breakfast or a nice tasty lunch. If you want to serve for dinner, you could serve the salad on a bed of romaine lettuce, just for good presentation.
Note: In this recipe, I don’t soak the walnuts. Their taste is better enjoyed when crunchy, not soft. Of course, you can always do what feels best for you! Enjoy!!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $4.09Was: $4.79
Price: $8.49Was: $9.49
Price: Out of stock
More Healthy Recipes:
- Alternative Grains to Wheat that are Gluten-Free
- Organic Raw Food Shopping in Koh Samui, Thailand
- Raw Food Breakfast: A healthy start = a healthy, harmonious day!
- How to Ferment Cabbage and Make Raw Sauerkraut
- Recipe for Super Energy Seed Crackers…& without a Dehydrator!
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019