Acai is an Amazonian berry and is pronounced ‘Ah-sigh-ee.’ The reason why it’s a Superfood is because Acai is very high in anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants help to break down free-radical damage in the body.
Stress, poor air quality, frequent travel on planes, toxicity in foods, chemicals in body products and alcohol and drugs can all increase free radicals in the body. Over time, these free radicals can lower the immune system and make it more difficult for the body to fight disease.
Adding high anti-oxidant superfoods to the diet can help to strengthen immune system, decrease signs of aging, prevent disease and even improve liver function. It’s a small investment to make with a high return: your health! People with cancer especially should be eating foods like Acai Powder. Acai is great for a powerful anti-cancer or detox diet. You can add 1 Tbsp. to your green smoothie daily. Easy!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $23.99Was: $28.78
More on Superfoods:
- How to Make Green Smoothies: Recipe with Superfoods
- Win a FREE Nutri NINJA Blender DUO + Green Smoothie Book Giveaway!
- Raw Food Classes and Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Enter my FREE Vitamix Blender Giveaway here!
- Raw Food and Green Smoothie Classes in Seoul, Korea
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- Gut-Brain Axis: Probiotics are the Missing Link to Depression - 18 January, 2018
- Why I worked on an organic cattle farm - 10 January, 2018
- Does the Squatty Potty Really work? - 19 December, 2017
- Feng Shui Your Home for Better Sleep and Good Relationships - 11 December, 2017