The Green Smoothie info and recipes below come direct from Victoria Boutenko, the author of Green for Life. Some great ideas if you’re looking for good combinations and greens and fruits.
Which fruits taste good with which greens?
Here are some tried-and-true combinations that unlock the secret to delicious smoothies. The fruits in parentheses are optional. I’ve suggested banana to sweeten EVERY smoothie, but you could also use pear, apple or mango. Of course, I hope you’ll experiment to find your favorites!
The Kale Family: Any variety of Kale OR Dandelion Greens, PLUS Apple OR Mango OR Pear, AND Banana (berries OR kiwi)
The Spinach Family:
Spinach, PLUS Apple OR Peach OR Mango OR Kiwi, AND Banana & a squeeze of lemon (berries OR cherries OR figs)
The Collard Family: Collards, PLUS Blueberries OR Peaches OR Cranberries, Peaches OR Pear, AND Banana
The Orange Family: Arugula OR Celery OR Swiss Chard, PLUS Orange OR Mango, AND Banana (strawberries, peaches OR pineapple)
The Sprout Family: Romaine OR Clover Sprouts, PLUS Apple OR Pear, AND Strawberries OR Kiwi, AND Banana
The Herb Family: Parsley OR Cilantro, Apple OR Mango, Banana (strawberries, pineapple)
You can use this overview as a guide whenever you’re at the grocery store looking for what’s fresh and ripe!
Now available! My Green Smoothie DVD and Green Smoothie eBooks, including 200 recipes and a Quick Start Guide, so you can learn more home at your own pace. You can become the next Green Smoothie success story!
More Healthy Recipes:
- Recipe: Banana Softie with Cinnamon Sauce, A Raw Food Vegan ‘Ice-Cream’
- 10 Ways to Make Your Raw Food Kitchen Healthier
- Cilantro Hot Sauce Recipe! For a Spicy Dip or Salad Dressing
- Durian Fruit – Benefits of this stinky yet delicious favorite of the Raw Food World
- Raw Food Recipe for Thai Green Papaya Salad or ‘Som Tam’ Salad – Video
More on Fermented Foods:
- Raw Detox Salad Recipe
- Easy Recipe: Make organic pickles at home!
- The last time I got sick was…
- How to Ferment Cabbage and Make Raw Sauerkraut
- How to Make Kombucha, a Naturally Fermented Health Drink
More on Juicing and Smoothies:
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions
- Enter my FREE Vitamix Blender Giveaway here!
- Green Smoothie Classes in Bangkok and Singapore
- Do Green Smoothies have too much Oxalic Acid?
- Raw Food and Green Smoothie Classes in Seoul, Korea
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019