The Green Smoothie info and recipes below come direct from Victoria Boutenko, the author of Green for Life. Some great ideas if you’re looking for good combinations and greens and fruits.
Which fruits taste good with which greens?
Here are some tried-and-true combinations that unlock the secret to delicious smoothies. The fruits in parentheses are optional. I’ve suggested banana to sweeten EVERY smoothie, but you could also use pear, apple or mango. Of course, I hope you’ll experiment to find your favorites!
The Kale Family: Any variety of Kale OR Dandelion Greens, PLUS Apple OR Mango OR Pear, AND Banana (berries OR kiwi)
The Spinach Family:
Spinach, PLUS Apple OR Peach OR Mango OR Kiwi, AND Banana & a squeeze of lemon (berries OR cherries OR figs)
The Collard Family: Collards, PLUS Blueberries OR Peaches OR Cranberries, Peaches OR Pear, AND Banana
The Orange Family: Arugula OR Celery OR Swiss Chard, PLUS Orange OR Mango, AND Banana (strawberries, peaches OR pineapple)
The Sprout Family: Romaine OR Clover Sprouts, PLUS Apple OR Pear, AND Strawberries OR Kiwi, AND Banana
The Herb Family: Parsley OR Cilantro, Apple OR Mango, Banana (strawberries, pineapple)
You can use this overview as a guide whenever you’re at the grocery store looking for what’s fresh and ripe!
Now available! My Green Smoothie DVD and Green Smoothie eBooks, including 200 recipes and a Quick Start Guide, so you can learn more home at your own pace. You can become the next Green Smoothie success story!
More Healthy Recipes:
- Raw Food Breakfast: A healthy start = a healthy, harmonious day!
- Recipe: Fast & Easy Raw Food Salad…a delicious meal in minutes!
- Super Energy Raw Cabbage Salad Recipe – A mini-detox meal
- Fasting Retreat, Organic Raw Food & Total Relaxation at Farm of Life in Costa Rica
- Raw Food Snack: Recipe for Sesame Balls or ‘Raw Halva’ Dessert
More on Fermented Foods:
- Easy Recipe: Make organic pickles at home!
- The last time I got sick was…
- Raw Detox Salad Recipe
- How to Make Kombucha, a Naturally Fermented Health Drink
- How to Ferment Cabbage and Make Raw Sauerkraut
More on Juicing and Smoothies:
- Why I don’t add Almond Milk, Soy Milk or Coconut Water to Green Smoothies
- Importance of Doing a Heavy Metal Detox
- Do you need to juice, and should you be juicing?
- Do Green Smoothies have too much Oxalic Acid?
- FREE Blendtec Blender Giveaway ($549.00 Value) – Yes, you can WIN!
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- Gut-Brain Axis: Probiotics are the Missing Link to Depression - 18 January, 2018
- Why I worked on an organic cattle farm - 10 January, 2018
- Does the Squatty Potty Really work? - 19 December, 2017
- Feng Shui Your Home for Better Sleep and Good Relationships - 11 December, 2017