Raw cabbage is a wonderful cleansing food, full of sulfur which helps to naturally detox the body. Onions are an anti-parasitic, anti-fungal and anti-viral food. Celery is very high in organic sodium and is known to help with arthritis and even gallstone problems. Fresh dill, parsley and cilantro are wonderful healing herbs for the diet. Cayenne pepper is excellent for strengthening heart and blood. Macadamia nuts are known to be high in monounsaturated (good fats), with exceptional amounts of anti-oxidants, phyto-nutrients and even fiber.
This raw food salad is unbelievably good, and very easy to make! I modified this recipe from the book Super Cleanse by Adina Niemerow, changing it into an even more delicious raw food dish.
Can you see how easy it is to let your food be your medicine, just as Hippocrates said?
Raw Coleslaw Salad
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3-4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup purified water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground organic cumin
- pinch of organic cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (coriander) or fresh parsley
Mix all salad ingredients in a large glass bowl. Make the dressing using a mini-food processor. First, ground the macadamia nuts until you get a fine consistency. Add water, lime juice, cumin, cayenne and salt and process until creamy. Add either the fresh cilantro or parsley and blend again.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly. This salad tastes even better if you can allow it to sit for at least 2 hours before serving.
I recommend this salad for people on a detox diet, a pre-cleanse program, a cleansing/healing/rebuilding program and even for people trying to lose weight. The good fats helps to keep the body full while learning to get away from unhealthy fried fats and dairy products. It is very important to have some transitional salads to help break away from old nutrient-deficient addictive foods. Enjoy this salad for lunch or share it with family and friends at a barbecue or party.
More Raw Food Dressings & Dips:
- Raw Food Recipe: Spicy Pumpkin Seed Cheese
- Recipe: Raw Tahini, Garlic and Lemon Salad Dressing or Veggie Dip…and it’s Amazing!
- Recipe for a Fresh Homemade Tomato Mexican Salsa
- Raw Food Recipe: Raw Mustard
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019