Featured in this recipe is the Super Energy Salad, one of my favorite Raw Food Salads. I often make this for friends, and they love it too!
The ingredients are easy for you to find no matter where you live in the world.
Super Energy Salad (serves 2):
4 cups Finely Chopped Green Cabbage
1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
2 Roma Tomatoes, Quartered
Blend together in a Blender or Mini-Food Processor:
1-2 fresh cloves garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup Tahini (if you don’t have, try a nut butter like almond butter)
2-4 tablespoons water or more (to thin dressing if desired)
Pinch teaspoon Himalayan salt (to taste)
Toss cabbage and parsley with the dressing before serving.
Place the roma tomatoes on the side and drizzle some dressing around the plate for garnish and appeal.
This is a great cleansing salad thanks to the healing power of parsley and cabbage. Parsley is an excellent internal cleanser, it’s high in Vitamin C and calcium and is very strengthening for the kidneys.
Cabbage is a food naturally high in sulfur which makes it a powerful cleanser for the body. Sulfur foods help the body to clear out environmental toxins, chemicals and even some heavy metals. Cabbage is also very good for digestion and for strengthening the colon.
Healthy Habits Check
Have you been…
- Making one new raw food meal per week?
- Experimenting with foods you have never tried before?
- Sharing your creations with family and friends?
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $9.49Was: $14.99
Price: $34.95Was: $49.99
Price: $17.42Was: $18.99
More Healthy Recipes:
- Win a FREE Nutri NINJA Blender DUO + Green Smoothie Book Giveaway!
- Beginner’s Guide to Green Smoothies
- Day 21: Juice Fasting and Detox in Koh Samui, Thailand
- Identifying Wild Edible Greens for Green Smoothies
- Do you need to juice, and should you be juicing?
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- How to Ask the Right Questions at a Farmers Market - 25 March, 2018
- Protein Powders containing Mercury, Lead, Arsenic and Cadmium: WARNING! - 15 March, 2018
- DIY Indoor Grow Light Stands for under $100 - 12 March, 2018
- Gut-Brain Axis: Probiotics are the Missing Link to Depression - 18 January, 2018