This is a recipe that everyone loves! If you are in the middle of a fresh summer tomato bliss, this is the perfect recipe to use a lot of deliciously ripe tomatoes. You can either make this salsa mild or spicy, depending on your taste. If you make it for a party, you can easily make half of the recipe spicy and the other half with no jalapenos – that way everyone can have a taste.
I love to make this Mexican salsa for my family when I am home in the US, and even though they are not into the raw food diet, they still love this dish. You can serve it with fresh chopped cucumbers, raw crackers, or even roll into mini-tortillas with fresh lettuce leaves, salsa and julienne-cut carrot, celery and zucchini. There are many ways to serve and enjoy!
Raw Food Recipe: Fresh Tomato, Onion and Cilantro Mexican Salsa
- 8-10 large ripe fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 – 1/2 large white onions, diced
- 10 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3/4 – 1 cup fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped
- 5-6 fresh limes, squeezed
- 4 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- Dash Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Dash Cumin Powder to taste
- Sea Salt to taste ( about 1/2 tsp.)
Chop and dice all ingredients and mix everything well in a large bowl. Season with more cayenne pepper or salt as needed. It’s best to sit overnight and let the ingredients marinate; but as a minimum try to let sit for at least 2 hours before serving. Optional ingredients below can also be added.
1 fresh jalapeno, diced or
5-6 pickled jalapeno slices, diced
2 Tbsp. raw honey
Preparing food fresh and in it’s raw form gives you all of the best nutrients and of course will taste far better than anything in a jar or can! All-in-all this fresh salsa is extremely healthy and cleansing for the body, and is also a great choice for anyone currently on a detox diet.
More Healthy Recipes:
- Featured Superfood – Green Powder Blend Vitamineral Greens
- How to Eat Raw Food in Winter – Sprouting, Raw Hummus & Recipes
- Beginner’s Guide to Green Smoothies
- Super Energy Raw Cabbage Salad Recipe – A mini-detox meal
- Liver Flush Detox Drink – Recipe for a Daily Liver Cleanse
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- Getting out of the All or Nothing mentality - 26 April, 2015
- Win a FREE Green Smoothie Starter Kit Superfood Bundle! - 20 April, 2015
- Why I don’t add Almond Milk, Soy Milk or Coconut Water to Green Smoothies - 13 April, 2015