This recipe is fast and easy for a delicious raw food dessert. Have you ever tasted a fudgesicle pop? Well, if you freeze this chocolate-like creation, it actually tastes like a fudgesicle! But this is a healthy version, full of anti-oxidants and other nutrients.
Make this tasty gluten-free vegan treat to share with family and friends…they will not even know it’s a raw food! It’s also great for kids, and with this dessert…they are getting valuable nutrients in addition to a great taste.
Raw Food Recipe: Cacao, Hazelnut & Banana Bliss
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts, ground (can also use raw almonds)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. raw maca powder
- Water from 1 young green coconut plus coconut flesh (can replace with 1.5 cups cold water + 3 Tbsp. coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. raw ginger, grated (optional)
- 6 raw dried organic apricots, chopped (optional)
Grind the hazelnuts or almonds with maca and cacao powder. There is no need to soak the nuts. Use a mini-food processor to grind the nuts to a fine powder. (You could also add 1-2 Tbsp. of other superfoods, such as acai powder, pomegranate powder or goji berries.)
In a blender, blend the coconut water and bananas. Add the ground nuts and powders and blend again. Add the raw honey and/or fresh ginger (optional) and blend again.
Pour mixture into a container. Top with chopped hazelnuts or almonds and chopped apricots. Place in freezer and let sit for 6-8 hours. Serve with love, and enjoy!
More on Superfoods:
- Raw Food and Green Smoothie Classes in Seoul, Korea
- Spirulina: 60% Complete Vegetable Protein Green Superfood
- Do you need to juice, and should you be juicing?
- Raw Food Breakfast: A healthy start = a healthy, harmonious day!
- Win a FREE Green Smoothie Starter Kit Superfood Bundle!
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019