Don Miguel Ruiz in his Toltec Wisdom Book: The Four Agreements states it so well:
(1) BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORDS.
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
(2) DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY.
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
(3) DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
(4) ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST.
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstances, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
More on Spiritual Health:
- Earliest Raw Food and Fasting Book: The Ancient Essene Gospel of the Peace
- Lesson in Happiness from a Sadhu- Ancient Wisdom & Spiritual Teachings
- How to Handle Negative or Jealous People and Still Stay Positive!
- Words to live by – The Four Agreements
- Warnings when doing a Water Fast & Managing Hunger
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- How to Ask the Right Questions at a Farmers Market - 25 March, 2018
- Protein Powders containing Mercury, Lead, Arsenic and Cadmium: WARNING! - 15 March, 2018
- DIY Indoor Grow Light Stands for under $100 - 12 March, 2018
- Gut-Brain Axis: Probiotics are the Missing Link to Depression - 18 January, 2018