Words to live by – The Four Agreements
Don Miguel Ruiz in his Toltec Wisdom Book: The Four Agreements states it so well:
(1) BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORDS.
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
(2) DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY.
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
(3) DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
(4) ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST.
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstances, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
More on Spiritual Health:
- Words to live by – The Four Agreements
- Story of the Bodhisattva – Transforming life’s adverse circumstances into a Path of Awakening
- Simple Steps to Success: Get Re-Focused on your Health Goals
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox
- 40-Day Water Fast: Comprehensive Guide & Personal Journal
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion? Please be respectful of other participants in the conversation and keep your comments respectful, friendly and relevant. Differences of opinion are welcome, but trolling and abuse of other commentators and the Healthy Bliss team is not and will result in blacklisting. Thank you for keeping this a bully-free zone!