All information in this article is for educational purposes only.
It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
This additive is salty and savory just like MSG. It is found in many of the same foods as MSG. The chemical name is Ribonucleotide, and often the reaction people get from eating it is an extremely itchy, irritable rash which we call the ‘Ribo Rash.’
If you think seaweed crackers are healthy, you are wrong!!
If you think flavored tofu is healthy, you are wrong!!
We are being poisoned slowly by these additives. People from all over the world are being affect by intolerances and allergies to food additives more than ever before. It is so important to eat a diet that is natural, whole and pure.
This additive, can be ANY of the following 3 names or numbers on a food label and they are universal, i.e. the same in every country in the world:
Ribonucleotide – #635 – E635
Disodium Guanylate – #627 – E627
Disodium Inosinate – #631 – E631
It is often used in combination with MSG, monosodium glutamate or #621.
Look for Food Additives 635, 627 and 631 in savory, salty processed foods such as:
- Instant noodles such as Maggi brand
- Flavored potato chips, Doritos, Pringles
- Flavored (eg BBQ or smoked) chicken and other meats
- Flavored biscuits and rice crackers, such as sun-dried tomato onion or garlic flavor
- Packet or canned soups or stocks and stock cubes, even organic
- Meat pies, hot dogs, sausage rolls
- Some instant mashed potato
- Seasoning in the stuffing of supermarket fresh chickens
- Flavored salt added to rotisseried chickens, also used at KFC
- Flavor added to frozen turkey
- Pre-prepared or instant sauces, gravies and meals
- Salad dressing, especially in restaurants
- Flavored tuna
- Fake butters and “heart healthy” margarines
- Pasta meals including macaroni cheese
- Marinated meat from your butcher
- Sausages from your supermarket or butcher, even organic
- Wasabi covered peas and most wasabi sauces
- Some fast foods such as chicken, french fries, batter for fish, Burger King’s veggie burger, everything from KFC (it’s in their chicken salt)
- Check even fresh chicken labels closely as there have been some recent reports
- Pre-packaged curry sauces
- Flavored tofu products (tofu hot dogs, tofu burgers, etc)
- Oyster sauce
- Green hot sauces used in Middle Eastern dishes (usually served with falafel/hummus)
- Soy sauces, oyster sauces, jars of curry and Asian sauces
- Some salsas – check labels
I still have to watch labels and always be aware of what I am eating.
If you think you are having a reaction to ribonucleotides or you want to ask me specific questions about my rash, please leave a comment below.
For additional information, read my personal story of suffering from the ‘Ribo Rash.’
More about food labeling, go to: The Truth in Food Labeling – Food Additives to Avoid & Hidden Sources of MSG
How to find this stuff in organic foods, go to: MSG hidden in Packaged Foods: Why I don’t buy 90% of the ‘food’ at WholeFoods
More on Food Additives:
- Genetically Engineered Food – No more Frankenfoods!
- Think your Mediterranean Green Olives are a ‘safe, clean’ food? Think again!
- Hidden Sources of MSG on Food Labels: Video Guide
- Are you eating Processed Foods? Improve the quality of your food, your health & your life!
- Detox Reaction vs. Allergic Reaction or Intolerance – Which one is it?