The Organic Foods & Cafe has 2 locations: the Dubai Mall and the Greens. The Cafe has a nice selection of salads and juices in addition to some vegetarian foods as well. They have a delivery menu for pizza. I asked them if it was possible to order other menu items for delivery and they said ‘yes,’ so don’t be afraid to ask!
More info at organicfoodsandcafe.com. Dubai Mall, Lower Ground Floor: 04-4340577. Greens:04-3617974.
In the Dubai Mall, I also managed to find Juice Master, a fresh juice bar that serves juices, smoothies and wheatgrass shots. Try JM’s ‘Dreamy Detox’ juice, made from apple, celery, cucumber, ginger and lemon. Finish that with some fresh wheatgrass, and wow…you’ll be ready for the Burj Khalifa (the world’s tallest building)! Jason Vale, otherwise known as the ‘Juice Master,’ is the UK’s best-selling author on juicing and health.
Find out more at juicemaster.com. Dubai Mall: Lower Ground Floor.My favorite stop in Dubai was at the Magnolia Cafe in the Madinat Jumeirah Resort. Magnolia is not exclusively raw; it does have cooked vegetarian dishes on the menu.
Every selection is labeled with a V (vegan), N (contains nuts), R (raw) and/or O (diabetic friendly). Gluten-free items are also available upon request. For those reasons, Magnolia is a great choice for anyone with food intolerances or allergies. Be sure to call ahead if you have special dietary requests.The prices at Magnolia immediately make you remember you are in Dubai, so don’t expect any bargains. But, if you are looking for some gourmet, well-presented raw food dishes, then you won’t be disappointed.
For vegetarians, Magnolia offers cooking classes by Chef Gaby. She offers a class called ‘Rich Flavors – Low Fat’ with Asparagus Jelly, Datterini Tomato Broth, Biarritz Stuffed Baby Peppers and Summer Pudding with Lavender.
Magnolia Cafe is only open for dinner and closed on Tuesdays. For more information, go to jumeirah.com. Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: 4-366-8888.While at the Madinat Jumeirah, be sure to try their Yoga Class on the beach.
It’s a relaxing, beautiful and natural setting right on the beach with a full view of the sea and Burj Al Arab in the distance. The class is one-hour Hatha and Astanga infusion and it’s within the private beach of the resort. They have sunrise and sunset classes, and also offer a 90-minute full moon yoga class.
When you enter the hotel, go to the Talise Spa to register; from there you can either take a buggy or walk to the beach.
Contact 4-366-6818 or go to their website for more details.
More on Traveling Raw:
- 14-21 Day Travel Itinerary for Organic Vegan Raw Food, Hot Springs, Beach & Detox in Costa Rica
- Fasting Retreat, Organic Raw Food & Total Relaxation at Farm of Life in Costa Rica
- Panama as a health destination? Warning about pesticides in fruits and vegetables
- How to Clean Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Reconnect with Nature in Guatemala with Fresh Juice, Raw Food, Mayan Ruins & Volcanoes
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- How to Ask the Right Questions at a Farmers Market - 25 March, 2018
- Protein Powders containing Mercury, Lead, Arsenic and Cadmium: WARNING! - 15 March, 2018
- DIY Indoor Grow Light Stands for under $100 - 12 March, 2018
- Gut-Brain Axis: Probiotics are the Missing Link to Depression - 18 January, 2018