The Woods Bio Marche restaurant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is a little healthy oasis right in the heart of the city. They serve food which is 100% organic, macrobiotic, all vegetarian and vegan with no chemicals, flavor enhancers or MSG. What a gem! Don’t be fooled by the lure of Indian and Malaysian street vendors all over town selling cheap food from their stalls – you can be sure those foods are full of low quality vegetables and a lot of additives and flavor enhancers. Remember, you get what you pay for! The Bio Marche is very affordable for the quality of food that they offer and certainly the investment in your health is well worth it!
Food & environment are closely related
Eat food in it’s whole form
Pure food is medicine
Balance is the essence
Each dish on the menu is labeled with a specific health benefit, such as acid balance, bone health, anti-inflammatory, relaxation, digestive, good memory or high calcium, so you can plan your meal accordingly.
They have set menus for 26 RM and the average main meal costs about 12 RM.
I had the 5-Energy Salad with Miso Dressing, a nice salad made with organic shredded carrot, cabbage, seaweed and cucumbers with sun-dried raisins and soaked soy beans. Very nice!
I was quite impressed to see their ‘charged water’ or energized water from crystal minerals, selling for 4 RM per glass. Another great element to add to any healing diet!
Their health food store sells many different items including nutritional yeast, organic flax seed, raw cashew nut spread, Manuka honey, fermented miso, organic nuts and beans, celtic seas salt and fresh organic vegetables.
The Woods Bio Marche is located on Bukit Bintang in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (right across the street from the Low Yat Plaza). They have other locations as well.
For more information, visit their website at http://www.macrobiotics-malaysia.com/.
More on Traveling Raw:
- Fasting Retreat, Organic Raw Food & Total Relaxation at Farm of Life in Costa Rica
- Reconnect with Nature in Guatemala with Fresh Juice, Raw Food, Mayan Ruins & Volcanoes
- Panama as a health destination? Warning about pesticides in fruits and vegetables
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador: The Raw Food Valley of Longevity… or Just Hype?
- Gluten-Free, Raw Food and Detox at Pachamama, Costa Rica
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019