It doesn’t matter how industrialized we’ve become in this modern world today, we are still organic beings that come from the earth. Our body needs foods from the earth in order to be balanced, healthy and pure. If you do not eat such foods, you cannot expect your body to give you any less than unexpected results. Don’t be angry at your body for not functioning well on devitalized foods – it was never designed to do that!
Quality in Food adds to Quality of Life.It is difficult to control what you eat in restaurants, but you can control what you bring into your home. Try as much as you can to only bring in organic, natural foods with no additives, colorings or chemical preservatives. Even reducing the amount of these that you consume can make a huge difference to the body.
Many of my clients say to me, ‘Well, I don’t eat processed foods.’ I can tell you that EVERYONE is eating processed food!! Milk, cheese, yogurt, bread, meat, canned soups, airplane food, inorganic coffee, crackers, biscuits, white sugar, white rice, frozen foods, oyster sauce, mayonnaise and wasabi peas are ALL processed foods, just to name a few.
It’s important that you start to understand exactly what you are putting into your body.Some of the items that I have in my kitchen for preparing foods are sesame seeds, flax seed, goji berries, mung beans, lentil beans, wheat berries, barley kernels, almonds, dates, dried apricots, sundried tomatoes, honey, cashews, cayenne pepper, cold-pressed olive oil, nutritional yeast, raw apple cider vinegar, fresh herbs, garlic, ginger and lime. Do you see the difference?
Every time you go shopping, always try to make a slightly better choice that is more natural, whole and pure.
Remember, if you don’t spend your money on your food you will spend it on a doctor! As the father of modern medicine Hippocrates said himself, ‘Let your food be thy medicine and thy medicine by thy food.’
If you are interested in learning more, this is a great series of books published by the Consumer Association of Penang that cover such topics as:
- What’s in your Bread (Did you know that human hair is added to bread??)
- How Toxic is Your Cup of Coffee (Did you realize that the coffee crop is the most heavily chemical sprayed crop in the world??)
- Is MSG safe? (Are you aware of all of the foods that contain MSG, including some baby formulas??)
- Avoid Chemicals on your food (Get informed!)
- What you should know about Genetically Modified foods (Hidden dangers in our foods, Frankenstein foods as I call them!)
- The Real thing in Soft Drinks (A must-read for anyone still drinking this poison!)
- Your Immune System – Your best protection against illness
More on Prevention:
- Integrate and Balance your Healthy Journey with your Work Life now!
- Daily Green Smoothie to help Acid Reflux?
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions
- What to do for Food Poisoning: What You Need to Know
- Panama as a health destination? Warning about pesticides in fruits and vegetables
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019