Raw veggie wraps are a great way to eat salad with your hands and enjoy the feeling of eating a wrapped tortilla again, except this one is all raw and gluten-free! These are great for lunch or a raw food potluck or even to take to a family gathering and let people see how beautiful real, raw food can be!
In this recipe, I simply took what raw vegetables I had at home and julienne-cut the veggies into long, narrow strips. In this case, I used carrot, red bell pepper, cucumber, red cabbage and mushrooms. I also chopped up some fresh cilantro (coriander) and some red onions. Note: the taste of red onions is very strong when they are raw! If it’s too strong for you, then you can always leave them out!
I prepared all the veggies in advance. Then I made a quick raw marinade to drizzle over the veggies and let them sit for 2-3 hours. Every time I make this recipe, I used slightly different ingredients and I make different dressings…and you should too! That makes it fun!
For this marinade, I used 1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar, 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 fresh lemon squeezed, dash of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon dried Zatar spice (a Middle Eastern Spice made from Thyme and Sesame Seeds) and a dash of Himalayan Salt to taste.
The next step is to wash and prepare the Collard Greens. Slicing out the stem is a good idea so you have 2 nice flat halves to use for wraps. For the smaller leaves that don’t have such a thick stem, you can leave them as they are.
Get some toothpicks ready to pin your wraps together.
Isn’t organic raw food so beautiful and inviting, full of natural color from the earth? No need for flavor enhancers, chemical coloring, preservatives or any carcinogenic food additives!
I love raw food!!
Raw Veggie Wraps Recipe
- 1 Organic Cucumber, Julienne Cut
- 1-2 Organic Carrots, Julienne Cut
- 1 Organic Red Bell Pepper, Julienne Cut
- 1 bunch fresh Cilantro (Coriander), Chopped
- 7-8 medium-size Organic Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
- 1/2 head Organic Red Cabbage, Julienne Cut
- 1 Red Onion Sliced (Optional)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Organic Collard Greens
Raw Marinade Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Fresh Organic Lemon, Squeezed
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried Zatar Spice
- dash of Himalayan Salt (to taste)
More Healthy Recipes:
- How to Make Fresh Sprouts at Home
- Recipe: Raw Vegan Veggie Wraps
- Hearty Berry Smoothie Recipe – Great for After Work-Out Recovery!
- How to Deal with Social Pressures on a Raw Food Diet
- Healing – Sharing – Flowering – Transformation – Change
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019