Acai is an Amazonian berry and is pronounced ‘Ah-sigh-ee.’ The reason why it’s a Superfood is because Acai is very high in anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants help to break down free-radical damage in the body.
Stress, poor air quality, frequent travel on planes, toxicity in foods, chemicals in body products and alcohol and drugs can all increase free radicals in the body. Over time, these free radicals can lower the immune system and make it more difficult for the body to fight disease.
Adding high anti-oxidant superfoods to the diet can help to strengthen immune system, decrease signs of aging, prevent disease and even improve liver function. It’s a small investment to make with a high return: your health! People with cancer especially should be eating foods like Acai Powder. Acai is great for a powerful anti-cancer or detox diet. You can add 1 Tbsp. to your green smoothie daily. Easy!
Looking for the best place to buy your Superfoods? Vitacost.com has top brands, 100% certified organic superfoods and FREE shipping for orders over $49. Even better, you can get $10 off your first purchase just by clicking here!
strong>More on Superfoods:</strong>
- Raw Food Breakfast: A healthy start = a healthy, harmonious day!
- Reconnect with Nature in Guatemala with Fresh Juice, Raw Food, Mayan Ruins & Volcanoes
- How to Make Green Smoothies: Recipe with Superfoods
- Beginner’s Guide to Green Smoothies
- MSG hidden in Packaged Foods: Why I don’t buy 90% of the ‘food’ at WholeFoods