Wow! I was so inspired by this movie! Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead show 2 extremely overweight men do a 60-day juice fast, and the results are outstanding!
All information in this article is for educational purposes only.
It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
This documentary shows a real life regular Australian guy named Joe who, at 140 kg or just over 300 pounds, was sick with an auto-immune disease and a strange re-occurance of rash and hives. At 40 years old and feeling fat, sick and nearly dead, he finally decided to take his health in his own hands. Can you imagine, at only 40 years old, being so overweight and in pain from arthritis, that you have to use a raised toilet seat to even sit on the toilet? Or, maybe that’s already you? Then it’s definitely time for some change!
Yes, Joe took responsibility for his own health and decided to completely change his diet and lifestyle!
He embarked on a 60-day juice only liquid fast and not only lost weight, but cleared the rash, gained energy and made a plan to continue with positive change after the detox.
In 60 days, he lost over 80 pounds.
It is phenomenal to see the transformation!
And, even better, Joe continued to make changes when he finished his detox. He started exercising, ate salads and juices, and after another 70 days, he not only maintained the original weight loss but lost another 20 pounds. He also managed to get off all medications – wow, now that is Mother Nature’s doctor at work for some real natural healing!
Along his journey of juice fasting and traveling across the United States on a road trip with the juicer set up to a battery in the back of his car, Joe met a lot of overweight Americans and many had different ideas on fasting. It’s worth watching just to see what they say!
At one point, he meets Phil who is over 400 pounds and has the same skin rash condition as him. Phil gets inspired and eventually does the 60-day juice fast himself.
It’s really spectacular to see these normal people who were previously victims of fast food and prescription drugs and are now teaching people how to juice kale and apples! I love it!!
So, what about actually doing a 60-day juice fast yourself? Is it safe?
In the movie, both men get clearance from their doctors and also regular checkups during the fast. This is definitely a good idea, especially if you have never fasted before, are on any medications of any kind and especially if you are suffering from any medical conditions.
Was Joe constipated after his detox at all??
60 days is a long time to go without any bowel movements. The thing that Joe never mentions in the movie is whether or not he did enemas or colonics during his fast. Since he didn’t mention it, I doubt he did any. This does concern me, especially when I think of how toxic so many people are today and how they could easily lessen the effects of the detox reactions by doing a daily enema during their fast. I would also recommend certain herbs and supplements to support the body during the process.
Re-toxifying of Heavy Metals
The other issue that concerns me is that people doing a long fast with extreme weight loss can disrupt pockets of heavy metal accumulation in their body. Often times the body will safely store heavy metals in it’s fat cells. It’s a way for the body to try to protect itself from these toxic materials. If you have extreme weight loss in a short period of time, as the fat gets burned, the heavy metals have to move somewhere else…and they can potentially move into and do harm to the organs. In an Iridology reading, we can see if a person has the potential for heavy metal accumulation. It’s a good idea to get checked out, and to also consider doing a heavy metal detox as a follow-up to the juice fast. During the fast, it may also be a good idea to take zeolite as this is a natural chelator for heavy metals and toxins and can assist the body with the detox process.
I particularly like the doctor in the film, Dr. Joel Fuhrman. He had some great quotes:
- Permanent results only come from permanent changes in diet and lifestyle.
- You don’t get permanently well unless you permanently change the way you live.
- Fasting can be used as a time where you re-train your taste buds. If it helps you with healthy eating thereafter, then it’s done it’s job.
- 61% of the American diet today comes from processed foods (predominantly oils, sugar & flour).
- 70% of the diseases that affect us now are caused by our life choices: how we exercise, if we smoke and what we eat.
- Total cost of a heart attack: $56,424 USD. Total cost of juicing for 1 month: $420.
Read more information on the liver and liver cleansing here:
How to Eat Clean: Start with Green Smoothies!
Clean your body from the inside out and watch your skin improve, your hair and nails get stronger, your eyes look brighter and your waistline slim down….all naturally and effortlessly! It’s simply amazing and your only regret will be that you didn’t start drinking green smoothies sooner.
When you take care of your whole body, you get whole body health.
When you let your food be your medicine, you are always moving towards better health.
For more on how to achieve your health goals and actually start feeling great, book a private health consult with me via Skype.
How to Book Your Health & Nutritional Coaching Session:
1. Take photos of your eyes with a smart phone or digital camera.
2. Email the photos to me for approval for Iridology Analysis.
3. We schedule a time to meet via phone or Skype!
More on Juicing and Smoothies:
- Why I don’t use protein powders…and why you shouldn’t either!
- FREE Blendtec Blender Giveaway ($549.00 Value) – Yes, you can WIN!
- Healing – Sharing – Flowering – Transformation – Change
- Win a FREE Nutri NINJA Blender DUO + Green Smoothie Book Giveaway!
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead – Inspiring film, but is a 60-day juice fast safe?
Latest posts by Jennifer Betesh (see all)
- What is an elimination diet? - 28 March, 2019
- Intermittent fasting – What’s the best way? - 15 March, 2019
- How do you know when it’s time to STOP fasting - 28 February, 2019
- When is the BEST time (and WORST time) to START a detox - 20 February, 2019