Take a minute to enjoy the most amazing sights of Hawaii – the Big Island up close and personal.
There are 2 pages of pictures here so be sure to check out them all!
The aquaponics farm can be found at friendlyaquaponics.com. Be sure to check out their farm tour every Saturday on the Big Island of Hawaii. It is pretty amazing to see and not so hard to do yourself… The lettuce and taro growing from the trays looked pretty perfect and the best part is that there are no chemicals used! The fish in the system fertilize the water through their waste, a completely natural process with no depletion of minerals in the soils. This system could be the future of farming as we can continue to grow healthy food while giving Mother Earth time to regenerate and renew!
More on Traveling Raw:
- How to Eat Out and Order Raw Food in Normal Restaurants
- 14-21 Day Travel Itinerary for Organic Vegan Raw Food, Hot Springs, Beach & Detox in Costa Rica
- Gluten-Free, Raw Food and Detox at Pachamama, Costa Rica
- Rasayana Raw Food Vegan Restaurant in Bangkok, Thailand – Yum!
- Panama as a health destination? Warning about pesticides in fruits and vegetables
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- What Are Some Benefits of Estrogen Therapy? - 20 November, 2016
- Find out where I moved to….! HINT: It’s a healing place - 13 January, 2016
- Getting out of the All or Nothing mentality - 26 April, 2015