NEW YORK, June 19, 2009
Nestle Recalls Cookie Dough Over Illnesses
E. Coli Reported Along With Nearly 70 People Sickened And 25 Hospitalized
(AP) Food maker Nestle USA on Friday voluntarily recalled its Toll House refrigerated cookie dough products after a number of illnesses were reported by those who ate the dough raw.
The company said the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control are investigating reported E. coli illnesses that might be related to the ingestion of raw cookie dough.
In a statement, the FDA said there have been 66 reports of illness across 28 states since March. About 25 people have been hospitalized, but no one has died.
The FDA advised consumers to throw away any prepackaged, refrigerated Nestle Toll House cookie dough products in their homes. Retailers, restauranteurs and employees at other food-service operations should also not sell or serve any of the products.
Nestle spokeswoman Roz O’Hearn said “this has been a very quickly moving situation,” adding the company took action less than 24 hours after hearing of the problem.
O’Hearn said the company will “cooperate fully” with the FDA’s investigation.
The recall includes refrigerated cookie bar dough, cookie dough tub, cookie dough tubes, limited edition cookie dough items, seasonal cookie dough and Ultimates cookie bar dough. It does not affect any other Toll House products.
E. coli is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration and, in the most severe cases, kidney failure.
Click here to view the original article from CBS news.com.
More on Detox and pH Health:
- Why I left Koh Samui, Thailand and Why I moved to Tel Aviv, Israel
- Recipe: How to Make Raw Tahini Dressing or Dip
- Recipe: Fast & Easy Raw Food Salad…a delicious meal in minutes!
- 5 Tips on How to protect yourself against Ebola (or any virus/bacteria)
- Top 10 Secrets for Good Health and Longevity: How to Create Your Personal ‘Blue Zone’
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- The BEST natural remedy for your pet’s health! - 9 August, 2017
- What’s in your drinking water? Enter your zip code and find out! - 2 August, 2017
- Can your eyes change colors on a juice fast? - 26 July, 2017