WALDORF SALAD Recipe – Vegan & Raw (serves 2)
2 apples (any style)
3 celery stalks
1/2 cup golden raisins, ideally soaked for 2-3 hours (can replace with dried cranberries as well)
2 cups fresh chopped pineapple or 2 cups green grapes (sliced into halves) or 4 kiwi fruit (peeled and chopped)
1 1/2 cup dried walnuts
1/4 cup fresh green onion (chives) finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh grated carrot
Blend together in a Blender or Mini-Food Processor:
1 tablespoon sweet mustard (or 1 tsp. dried mustard seeds)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil (or less)
1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey or 2 soft dates
1 teaspoon sea salt
A few tablespoons of water – to get the consistency you want. (Alternatively you can add some pineapple and apple chunks into the blender)
This can be eaten as a healthy, filling breakfast or a nice tasty lunch. If you want to serve for dinner, you could serve the salad on a bed of romaine lettuce, just for good presentation.
Note: In this recipe, we don’t soak the walnuts. Their taste is better enjoyed when crunchy, not soft. Of course, you can always do what feels best for you! Enjoy!!
More Healthy Recipes:
- Raw Food Recipe for Just Like Cheesecake – A Healthy, Delicious Dessert!
- Spirulina: 60% Complete Vegetable Protein Green Superfood
- Recipe: Raw Vegan Veggie Wraps
- Durian Fruit – Benefits of this stinky yet delicious favorite of the Raw Food World
- Featured Superfood – Green Powder Blend Vitamineral Greens