Gotta admit that it’s been tough sticking to the raw food diet whilst being in Australia…but not impossible!!!
There are so many yummy foods to tempt me away from the healthy stuff..but the amazing thing is that I don’t actually crave any junk, a good thing indeed!
I’ve been mainly eating all fruits during the day while at work, and I find it so very interesting because I have high energy all day while the other girls (mostly 10 years younger than me) are all tired and dragging themselves around.
Better fuel runs a better car, there is no denying it!
At night I generally have a salad and I am absolutely loving the spinach, kale, silverbeet and other fresh greens here that you can’t get in Thailand!!! Yum yum…
The only other thing I was really wanting was a juicer…and low and behold I went to a Lions Club Garage sale on Saturday, and I got a Breville juicer, 4 tupperware containers, a tea strainer and a cooler bag ALL for $5!!!! So even as a ‘backpacker,’ it is still possible and affordable to be healthy.
Just takes some focus, determination and willpower!!
Speaking of backpackers, I find it amazing and actually kind-of sad how many other young people I have met in the month I’ve been back in oz who are strung out on pills, speed, anti-depressants or all of the above. What is happening to people in the world? It’s really unbelievable, I mean these people are out travelling and they probably won’t even remember half of the experience!! I am definitely in the minority eating salads and often choosing not to drink, but who cares, because I FEEL GREAT!
Treats this week from Margaret River WA: fresh figs, organic grapes, raw honey, plums, plums and more plums!
More on Traveling Raw:
- Rasayana Raw Food Vegan Restaurant in Bangkok, Thailand – Yum!
- Why I left Koh Samui, Thailand and Why I moved to Tel Aviv, Israel
- Fasting Retreat, Organic Raw Food & Total Relaxation at Farm of Life in Costa Rica
- Panama as a health destination? Warning about pesticides in fruits and vegetables
- Gluten-Free, Raw Food and Detox at Pachamama, Costa Rica
More on Raw Food:
- Fred Bisci Raw Food Australia Tour in Perth – Fred Bisci Interview
- 10 Ways to Make Your Raw Food Kitchen Healthier
- Raw Food Breakfast: A healthy start = a healthy, harmonious day!
- Recipe for Raw Food Detox Salad: Cucumber & Onion with Tangy Dressing
- More Video Interviews from the Fred Bisci Raw Food Seminar in Perth, Australia
More on Organic Food:
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador: The Raw Food Valley of Longevity… or Just Hype?
- How to Clean the Lymphatic System & Detox the Skin in 5 Simple Steps
- Benefits of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Do you need to eat 100% raw food for success? How much raw food is best?
- Healthy Frozen Treat: Raw Banana Chocolate Almond Popsicles Recipe