Gotta admit that it’s been tough sticking to the raw food diet whilst being in Australia…but not impossible!!!
There are so many yummy foods to tempt me away from the healthy stuff..but the amazing thing is that I don’t actually crave any junk, a good thing indeed!
I’ve been mainly eating all fruits during the day while at work, and I find it so very interesting because I have high energy all day while the other girls (mostly 10 years younger than me) are all tired and dragging themselves around.
Better fuel runs a better car, there is no denying it!
At night I generally have a salad and I am absolutely loving the spinach, kale, silverbeet and other fresh greens here that you can’t get in Thailand!!! Yum yum…
The only other thing I was really wanting was a juicer…and low and behold I went to a Lions Club Garage sale on Saturday, and I got a Breville juicer, 4 tupperware containers, a tea strainer and a cooler bag ALL for $5!!!! So even as a ‘backpacker,’ it is still possible and affordable to be healthy.
Just takes some focus, determination and willpower!!
Speaking of backpackers, I find it amazing and actually kind-of sad how many other young people I have met in the month I’ve been back in oz who are strung out on pills, speed, anti-depressants or all of the above. What is happening to people in the world? It’s really unbelievable, I mean these people are out travelling and they probably won’t even remember half of the experience!! I am definitely in the minority eating salads and often choosing not to drink, but who cares, because I FEEL GREAT!
Treats this week from Margaret River WA: fresh figs, organic grapes, raw honey, plums, plums and more plums!
More on Traveling Raw:
- Why I left Koh Samui, Thailand and Why I moved to Tel Aviv, Israel
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador: The Raw Food Valley of Longevity… or Just Hype?
- 14-21 Day Travel Itinerary for Organic Vegan Raw Food, Hot Springs, Beach & Detox in Costa Rica
- Panama as a health destination? Warning about pesticides in fruits and vegetables
- Restaurant Cards for Celiac, Gluten-Free & MSG-Free
More on Raw Food:
- Gluten-Free, Raw Food and Detox at Pachamama, Costa Rica
- Is there too much sugar and too many calories in fruit?
- Organic Raw Food, Vegan & Detox in Tokyo, Japan
- Day 21: Juice Fasting and Detox in Koh Samui, Thailand
- Fred Bisci Raw Food Australia Tour in Perth – Fred Bisci Interview
More on Organic Food:
- What I Learned from taking a traditional Nutrition Course…and What I Didn’t Learn
- Is it safe to detox while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What are Irradiated Foods? What you don’t know CAN hurt you!
- Raw Zucchini Rolls with Walnut Pesto and Cashew Cheese: Recipe
- Get Affordable Organic Food with Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Vegetable Home Delivery