Gotta admit that it’s been tough sticking to the raw food diet whilst being in Australia…but not impossible!!!
There are so many yummy foods to tempt me away from the healthy stuff..but the amazing thing is that I don’t actually crave any junk, a good thing indeed!
I’ve been mainly eating all fruits during the day while at work, and I find it so very interesting because I have high energy all day while the other girls (mostly 10 years younger than me) are all tired and dragging themselves around.
Better fuel runs a better car, there is no denying it!
At night I generally have a salad and I am absolutely loving the spinach, kale, silverbeet and other fresh greens here that you can’t get in Thailand!!! Yum yum…
The only other thing I was really wanting was a juicer…and low and behold I went to a Lions Club Garage sale on Saturday, and I got a Breville juicer, 4 tupperware containers, a tea strainer and a cooler bag ALL for $5!!!! So even as a ‘backpacker,’ it is still possible and affordable to be healthy.
Just takes some focus, determination and willpower!!
Speaking of backpackers, I find it amazing and actually kind-of sad how many other young people I have met in the month I’ve been back in oz who are strung out on pills, speed, anti-depressants or all of the above. What is happening to people in the world? It’s really unbelievable, I mean these people are out travelling and they probably won’t even remember half of the experience!! I am definitely in the minority eating salads and often choosing not to drink, but who cares, because I FEEL GREAT!
Treats this week from Margaret River WA: fresh figs, organic grapes, raw honey, plums, plums and more plums!
More on Traveling Raw:
- Why I left Koh Samui, Thailand and Why I moved to Tel Aviv, Israel
- How to Eat Out and Order Raw Food in Normal Restaurants
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador: The Raw Food Valley of Longevity… or Just Hype?
- Fasting Retreat, Organic Raw Food & Total Relaxation at Farm of Life in Costa Rica
- Restaurant Cards for Celiac, Gluten-Free & MSG-Free
More on Raw Food:
- Juice Fasting, Water Fasting or Colon Cleansing? Breaking a Fast on Fruit or Salad?
- Beginner’s Guide to Green Smoothies
- Organic Vegetarian Food & Raw Restaurant in Dubai, UAE
- Detox Juice Recipe
- Alternative Grains to Wheat that are Gluten-Free
More on Organic Food: