This recipe is fast and easy for a delicious raw food dessert. Have you ever tasted a fudgesicle pop? Well, if you freeze this chocolate-like creation, it actually tastes like a fudgesicle! But this is a healthy version, full of anti-oxidants and other nutrients.
Make this tasty gluten-free vegan treat to share with family and friends…they will not even know it’s a raw food! It’s also great for kids, and with this dessert…they are getting valuable nutrients in addition to a great taste.
Raw Food Recipe: Cacao, Hazelnut & Banana Bliss
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts, ground (can also use raw almonds)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. raw maca powder
- Water from 1 young green coconut plus coconut flesh (can replace with 1.5 cups cold water + 3 Tbsp. coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. raw ginger, grated (optional)
- 6 raw dried organic apricots, chopped (optional)
Grind the hazelnuts or almonds with maca and cacao powder. There is no need to soak the nuts. Use a mini-food processor to grind the nuts to a fine powder. (You could also add 1-2 Tbsp. of other superfoods, such as acai powder, pomegranate powder or goji berries.)
In a blender, blend the coconut water and bananas. Add the ground nuts and powders and blend again. Add the raw honey and/or fresh ginger (optional) and blend again.
Pour mixture into a container. Top with chopped hazelnuts or almonds and chopped apricots. Place in freezer and let sit for 6-8 hours. Serve with love, and enjoy!
<strong>More on Superfoods:</strong>
- Raw Food and Green Smoothie Classes in Seoul, Korea
- MSG hidden in Packaged Foods: Why I don’t buy 90% of the ‘food’ at WholeFoods
- Gluten-Free, Raw Food and Detox at Pachamama, Costa Rica
- Win a FREE Nutri NINJA Blender DUO + Green Smoothie Book Giveaway!
- How to Make Green Smoothies: Recipe with Superfoods