Take a minute to enjoy the most amazing sights of Hawaii – the Big Island up close and personal.
There are 2 pages of pictures here so be sure to check out them all!
The aquaponics farm can be found at friendlyaquaponics.com. Be sure to check out their farm tour every Saturday on the Big Island of Hawaii. It is pretty amazing to see and not so hard to do yourself… The lettuce and taro growing from the trays looked pretty perfect and the best part is that there are no chemicals used! The fish in the system fertilize the water through their waste, a completely natural process with no depletion of minerals in the soils. This system could be the future of farming as we can continue to grow healthy food while giving Mother Earth time to regenerate and renew!
More on Traveling Raw:
- Vilcabamba, Ecuador: The Raw Food Valley of Longevity… or Just Hype?
- Why I left Koh Samui, Thailand and Why I moved to Tel Aviv, Israel
- How to Eat Out and Order Raw Food in Normal Restaurants
- Reconnect with Nature in Guatemala with Fresh Juice, Raw Food, Mayan Ruins & Volcanoes
- Fasting Retreat, Organic Raw Food & Total Relaxation at Farm of Life in Costa Rica