This is the perfect salad for anyone who is looking to combine some great raw food textures and flavors and experience a mouthful of true healthy bliss!! Watch the video featuring my friend Ta to see how it’s done. The ingredients are listed below. If you are interested in buying a slicer for your green papaya, cucumber or zucchini pasta at home, I’ve got them available here at the Healthy Bliss Store! We have so much great info to share with you from Thailand, keep checking back for more recipes, inspiration and love!
Recipe for Ta’s Raw Food Jungle Salad
- ~2 cups Shredded Green Papaya (slightly ripened). If you can’t find green papaya where you live, you can use shredded zucchini.
- 1 Shredded Cucumber. Our favorite tool for shredding is the som tam slicer!
- 1 Medium tomato, sliced.
- Fresh young coconut meat (flesh), sliced (1 coconut).
- 2 handfuls fresh Morning Glory greens. You can also use baby spinach or whatever greens you like!
- 1/2 cup Kimchi (Ta’s is made with beetroot, cabbage and daikon)
- 3-5 (or more!) fresh Thai chilies. You can replace with 1 fresh jalapeno.
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic (as you like).
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed.
- 2-3 fresh Tamarind fruits soaked in water for about 30 minutes. Use about 4 cups water to marinate. Add about 1/2 cup of this liquid to the salad.
Prepare the salad ingredients and have ready in a bowl. Mash together the chilies and garlic in a mortar & pestle, then add tamarind juice & lime juice and gently toss in ingredients. If you do not have a mortar and pestle, simply chop up the garlic and chilies, put in a small bowl, add the tamarind and lime juice. Stir to make your dressing, then toss the dressing into the salad.
Be prepared to enjoy this delicious, healthy jungle love!!
More Healthy Recipes:
- Recipe: Raw Tahini, Garlic and Lemon Salad Dressing or Veggie Dip…and it’s Amazing!
- Raw Zucchini Rolls with Walnut Pesto and Cashew Cheese: Recipe
- Recipe: Banana Softie with Cinnamon Sauce, A Raw Food Vegan ‘Ice-Cream’
- Identifying Wild Edible Greens for Green Smoothies
- How to Deal with Social Pressures on a Raw Food Diet
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- What Are Some Benefits of Estrogen Therapy? - 20 November, 2016
- Find out where I moved to….! HINT: It’s a healing place - 13 January, 2016
- Getting out of the All or Nothing mentality - 26 April, 2015