Health Shop across from Kafe, Ubud
There are many options to choose from these days now that Bali has been put on the map with Julia Robert’s Eat, Pray, Love. You can experience your love in the rice fields of Ubud…and you can also eat healthy, organic, vegetarian and raw food at the same time!
In Seminyak/Legian area:
When you first arrive in Denpasar, you can have your taxi take you directly to one of these places where you will find healthy options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can also get take-away and eat in the taxi on your continuation up north or beyond…
ZulaBoth Zula and Earth Café in Seminyak, Bali have the same owner and hence have similar items on the menu. Earth Café has more raw food options but Zula also has good salads, juices and smoothies. The main focus of both menus is on vegan, macrobiotic foods. Zula is located on Jalan Dyana Pura Number 5, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia. www.downtoearthbali.com
Earth CaféMy personal favorites at this funky macrobiotic vegan restaurant are the Sprouted Wheatberry Salad and the Raw Soup. The salad is a great combo of greens and sprouted wheatberries with a tasty homemade dressing. The raw soup consists of shredded carrots, zucchini and raw veggies in a clear broth made from Bragg’s and water with ice cubes added to make it cold. It may sound strange, but it tastes great and it’s a nice change from the standard blended raw soups. Located on Jalan Oberoi (near the Montesorri School), Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia. www.downtoearthbali.com
Once in Ubud, you can start to relax and make your experience whatever you want it to be – peppered with art, culture, dance, yoga, raw food, massage, jewelry, temples, shopping or just relaxing at a café taking it all in around you. You can easily stay for a week and enjoy a different restaurant every day.
Clear Restaurant in Ubud, Bali
This restaurant is a good option for raw food, vegetarian food, ethnic food and ‘normal’ cooked food as well. It’s a good choice for dinner if you have a group of varied eaters in your party. The raw enthusiasts can try the Lifefood Pizza, made with a flaxseed and sundried tomato crust topped with mushrooms, tomatoes, red pepper and cashew pesto. For a local flair, enjoy the Rainbow Salad with jackfruit, mango, red pepper, basil, mint and almond butter dressing. Don’t forget to check out the toilet as well –it’s an interesting experience! Located at the top of Hanoman Street, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. www.clearcafe.com
Sari OrganikTake a walk through the rice fields and you will end up at Sari Organik, a lovely restaurant complete with it’s own organic farm. Surrounded by rice paddies, it’s a picturesque setting and a great place to head after an early morning walk before the sun heats things up. The juices, salads and smoothies here are all delicious and the organic factor really makes a difference. Organic does taste better! Access to rice fields from Jalan Raya, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
Little K outside of the Yoga Barn, Ubud, Bali
Located at the Yoga Barn, this raw food café has a full menu of items to choose from and a great view overlooking the rice fields and river below. They also have some cooked food options for breakfast and lunch and several healthy soups to fill you up after your power yoga class. Jalan Pengosekan, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. www.balispirit.com/kafe/
KafeLook for their Raw Special of the Day at this trendy meeting place in the center of Ubud. There are some nice salads that can be ordered without cheese or tuna while adding avocado instead. Try an array of juice and smoothie combos – they have some superfood smoothie blends and also an interesting turmeric shot. Jalan Hanoman, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. www.balispirit.com/kafe/
Soma Raw Food Cafe in Ubud, Bali
Soma is ‘the’ raw food place to see and be seen in Ubud. It has a rustic, cozy atmosphere and is usually full of health conscious MacBookPro fans eating their gourmet raw food delights and updating facebook pages all the same. Try the Belly Love Juice made from aloe vera, ginger, turmeric, kencur, irish moss, mint, tulsi, lime and honey. The Live Love Pasta is a yummy blend of zucchini noodles topped with capers, olives, tomato, bell pepper, fresh oregano, dehydrated shallots and cashew cheese topped with flax cracker. It’s a good option for lunch. Dewi Sita Street, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. www.somabali.com
- China: Raw Food, Detox & Healthy Living in Hong Kong
- Costa Rica: 14-21 Day Travel Itinerary for Organic Vegan Raw Food, Hot Springs, Beach & Detox
- Costa Rica: Fasting Retreat, Organic Raw Food & Total Relaxation at Farm of Life
- Costa Rica: Gluten-Free, Raw Food and Detox at Pachamama
- Ecuador: Vilcabamba: The Raw Food Valley of Longevity… or Just Hype?
- Guatemala: Reconnect with Nature and Fresh Juice, Raw Food, Mayan Ruins & Volcanoes
- Indonesia: Raw Food & Vegetarian Restaurants in Bali
- International Directory of Detox, Juice Fast, Healing Centers and Retreats
- Israel: Green Juice Fast with Gabriel Cousens at Tree of Life
- Israel: Raw Food, Detox & Organic in Tel Aviv
- Japan: Organic Raw Food, Vegan & Detox in Tokyo
- Korea: Raw Food, Vegan and Organic Options in Seoul
- Malaysia: Raw Food, Detox & Healthy Living in Kuala Lumpur
- Panama: A health destination? Warning about pesticides in fruits and vegetables
- Restaurant Cards for Celiac, Gluten-Free & MSG-Free
- Thailand: Rasayana Raw Food Vegan Restaurant in Bangkok
- Thailand: What’s the best detox retreat for raw food, yoga, juice & meditation in Thailand?
- Top 5 Tips on How to Recover from Jet Lag & Travel
- UAE: Organic Vegetarian Food & Raw Restaurant in Dubai
- USA: Raw Food Classes and Restaurants in Los Angeles, California
- USA: Raw Food Restaurants and Healthy Options in Maui, Hawaii
- USA: Raw Spirit Festival Sedona, Arizona – Raw Food Inspiration!