This is my ‘healthy’ version of Halva, a very popular and traditional Middle Eastern Dessert made with ground sesame and sugar. In this version, we will use raw sesame seeds and raw honey or agave (whichever you prefer). This is a great snack for kids and it’s healthy! Sesame seeds are a great natural vegan source of calcium.
In a mini food processor, first blend/grind:
½ cup organic raw white sesame seeds
small dash of Himalayan Sea Salt
Then add 3-4 Tablespoons Raw honey (or agave nectar) and blend again. Add more sweetener if the mixture is too dry.
The mixture should be moist enough to roll into small balls (about the size of a walnut).
Place a handful of whole sesame seeds on a plate and roll each ball (walnut size ball) onto whole seeds to coat the ball with sesame for a nice, appetizing look.
You can decorate each Raw Halva Sesame Ball with goji berries, raisins or dried mulberries. To get even more creative, try adding raw cacao powder for a Raw Chocolate Sesame Ball Dessert…yum!
Serve and enjoy! This recipe is so fast and easy, you will be amazed. I have shared this with family, friends and at raw food potlucks and it is always a favorite.
More Raw Food Desserts:
- Raw Food Recipe for Just Like Cheesecake – A Healthy, Delicious Dessert!
- Durian Fruit – Benefits of this stinky yet delicious favorite of the Raw Food World
- Raw Food Dessert Recipe: Cacao, Hazelnut & Banana Bliss
- Recipe: Banana Softie with Cinnamon Sauce, A Raw Food Vegan ‘Ice-Cream’
- Raw Food Recipe for Raw Energy Balls – Fast & Easy!
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- What Are Some Benefits of Estrogen Therapy? - 20 November, 2016
- Find out where I moved to….! HINT: It’s a healing place - 13 January, 2016
- Getting out of the All or Nothing mentality - 26 April, 2015