Fresh Homemade Mustard, Easy!
This is a great recipe if you are looking to remove all food additives from your diet and/or enjoy raw foods in new ways. Normal store-sold mustards can contain artificial colorings, preservatives and thickening agents, not to mention flavor enhancers. Make your own mustard at home and be sure you are eating a fail-safe additive-free natural form of mustard. It tastes even better when made fresh and will cost you less money too!
1/4 Cup yellow mustard seeds
1/4 Cup brown or black mustard seeds
3/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar (or 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice)
1/3 Cup water
1 1/2 Teaspoon Raw Organic Honey
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric
1/4 Teaspoon salt
Soak mustard seeds in water and apple cider vinegar for 24 – 36 hours. Make sure the seeds are covered with the liquid.
Combine mustard seeds and liquid with remaining ingredients in high-speed blender. Add water to desired consistency.
Yield: 2 Cups. Will keep in the fridge for a few weeks.
You can use all yellow mustard seeds if you would like. You can also add herbs and spices to your liking.
More Raw Food Dressings & Dips:
- Raw Food Recipe: Raw Mustard
- Recipe for a Fresh Homemade Tomato Mexican Salsa
- Raw Food Recipe: Spicy Pumpkin Seed Cheese
- Recipe: Raw Tahini, Garlic and Lemon Salad Dressing or Veggie Dip…and it’s Amazing!
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- What are the symptoms of Heavy Metal toxicity? - 7 June, 2017
- Our Farmhouse Kitchen for under $3K!! Before and After DIY Makeover - 1 June, 2017
- Is your Olive Oil fake or “cut” with inferior oils? Check this list! - 24 May, 2017