Fresh Homemade Mustard, Easy!
This is a great recipe if you are looking to remove all food additives from your diet and/or enjoy raw foods in new ways. Normal store-sold mustards can contain artificial colorings, preservatives and thickening agents, not to mention flavor enhancers. Make your own mustard at home and be sure you are eating a fail-safe additive-free natural form of mustard. It tastes even better when made fresh and will cost you less money too!
1/4 Cup yellow mustard seeds
1/4 Cup brown or black mustard seeds
3/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar (or 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice)
1/3 Cup water
1 1/2 Teaspoon Agave Nectar or Raw Honey
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric
1/4 Teaspoon salt
Soak mustard seeds in water and apple cider vinegar for 24 – 36 hours. Make sure the seeds are covered with the liquid.
Combine mustard seeds and liquid with remaining ingredients in high-speed blender. Add water to desired consistency.
Yield: 2 Cups. Will keep in the fridge for a few weeks.
You can use all yellow mustard seeds if you would like. You can also add herbs and spices to your liking.
More Raw Food Dressings & Dips:
- Raw Food Recipe: Spicy Pumpkin Seed Cheese
- Recipe: Raw Tahini, Garlic and Lemon Salad Dressing or Veggie Dip…and it’s Amazing!
- Recipe for a Fresh Homemade Tomato Mexican Salsa
- Raw Food Recipe: Raw Mustard
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- What Are Some Benefits of Estrogen Therapy? - 20 November, 2016
- Find out where I moved to….! HINT: It’s a healing place - 13 January, 2016
- Getting out of the All or Nothing mentality - 26 April, 2015