This is such a great raw food recipe – especially if you are trying to make a healthy dessert for non-raw foodists – believe me, they will be sold on raw foods after trying this fantastic creation! In fact, it really does taste Just Like Cheesecake!
When you make this at home, you might want to double the recipe and make 2 cheesecakes at once – they tend to preserve fairly well in the freezer and it saves you having to make it twice! I learned how to make this myself at the Raw Food Class offered by the Spa Resorts in Koh Samui, Thailand. Now you can enjoy this recipe from the comfort of your own home!
There are 3 parts to making this raw cake:
1) the crust, 2) the filling and 3) the topping.
- Macadamia Nuts – 2 cups (soaked overnight)
- Dried Figs – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Raisins (white) – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Dried Coconut Flakes – 1/4 cup
Sprinkle the coconut flakes along the bottom of your pie plate. Blend together the macadamia nuts, raisins and figs in a food processor and create the ‘crust’ with this mixture, carefully molding into an even layer on top of the coconut flakes. Can refrigerate to let set while making the filling.
Main Pie Filling
- Raw Cashews – 3 cups (soaked overnight)
- Freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice – 3/4 cup
- Raw Honey – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk (fresh is best) – 1/2 cup
- Sea Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Whole Vanilla Bean (take out the seeds)- 1/2 each
Mix all ingredients together in a high-power blended (like Vita-Mix) or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour this mixture evenly over the crust. You can add more fresh lemon or lime to taste, as desired. Place the pie in the freezer to let set while making the topping.
- Fresh Strawberries – 2 cups (can use frozen as a substitute)
- Dried Figs – 1/2 cup, soaked overnight and chopped
- Raisins (white) – 1/4 cup, soaked overnight and chopped
- Raw Honey – 1 Tbsp.
- Sea Salt – 1 pinch.
Process all ingredients together in a high-power blended (like Vita-Mix) or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate the topping and pour this mixture evenly over the filling just before serving. Place the pie itself in the freezer to let set for at least 24 hours before serving. Can freeze the cheesecake for up to one week.
Enjoy this wonderful creation made from the healing foods of Mother Earth and blended especially with love!
More Raw Food Desserts:
- Raw Food Recipe for Just Like Cheesecake – A Healthy, Delicious Dessert!
- Raw Food Dessert Recipe: Cacao, Hazelnut & Banana Bliss
- Recipe: Banana Softie with Cinnamon Sauce, A Raw Food Vegan ‘Ice-Cream’
- Durian Fruit – Benefits of this stinky yet delicious favorite of the Raw Food World
- Raw Food Snack: Recipe for Sesame Balls or ‘Raw Halva’ Dessert
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- Knowing Botanical Food Families for Cross-Reactivity Allergies - 23 August, 2017
- The BEST natural remedy for your pet’s health! - 9 August, 2017
- What’s in your drinking water? Enter your zip code and find out! - 2 August, 2017