Jennifer shows you how even so-called healthy and even organic foods can have hidden sources of MSG in them. MSG, or monosodium glutamate, is a flavor enhancer that adds a salty, savory flavor to foods. In Europe and Australia, they call these additive ‘E numbers’ and MSG is E621. If you have an intolerance to MSG, you can experience migraine headaches and insomnia.
Some countries will list it as 621. But, did you know that food manufacturers can also legally ‘hide’ MSG in other ingredients, such as ‘yeast extract,’ ‘pea protein,’ ‘soy extract,’ ‘Vegetable Protein Extract,’ ‘Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP),’ ‘Autolyzed Yeast,’ ‘spices’ and even ‘natural flavorings’? If not, you need to see this video. Jennifer even finds MSG in a organic non-GMO chicken stock. Knowing the trickery in food labels can help you increase the quality of food you are buying instantaneously.
More on Food Additives:
- MSG hidden in Packaged Foods: Why I don’t buy 90% of the ‘food’ at WholeFoods
- The ‘New’ MSG – Is it even more deadly than MSG itself? Ribonucleotides & The Ribo Rash
- Sea Salt with Chemical Additives?! Check for E535 & E536 Yellow Prussiate of Soda (YPS)
- Restaurant Cards for Celiac, Gluten-Free & MSG-Free
- Genetically Engineered Food – No more Frankenfoods!
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- What Are Some Benefits of Estrogen Therapy? - 20 November, 2016
- Find out where I moved to….! HINT: It’s a healing place - 13 January, 2016
- Getting out of the All or Nothing mentality - 26 April, 2015