Jennifer shows you how even so-called healthy and even organic foods can have hidden sources of MSG in them. MSG, or monosodium glutamate, is a flavor enhancer that adds a salty, savory flavor to foods. In Europe and Australia, they call these additive ‘E numbers’ and MSG is E621. If you have an intolerance to MSG, you can experience migraine headaches and insomnia.
Some countries will list it as 621. But, did you know that food manufacturers can also legally ‘hide’ MSG in other ingredients, such as ‘yeast extract,’ ‘pea protein,’ ‘soy extract,’ ‘Vegetable Protein Extract,’ ‘Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP),’ ‘Autolyzed Yeast,’ ‘spices’ and even ‘natural flavorings’? If not, you need to see this video. Jennifer even finds MSG in a organic non-GMO chicken stock. Knowing the trickery in food labels can help you increase the quality of food you are buying instantaneously.
More on Food Additives:
- Hidden Sources of MSG on Food Labels: Video Guide
- Are you eating Processed Foods? Improve the quality of your food, your health & your life!
- What’s Wrong with Vegenaise
- Why I don’t add Almond Milk, Soy Milk or Coconut Water to Green Smoothies
- Raw Food and Green Smoothie Classes in Seoul, Korea
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- Why you’re still low in Vitamin D (and it’s not about sunlight) - 2 March, 2017
- What Are Some Benefits of Estrogen Therapy? - 20 November, 2016
- Find out where I moved to….! HINT: It’s a healing place - 13 January, 2016