Jennifer shows you how even so-called healthy and even organic foods can have hidden sources of MSG in them. MSG, or monosodium glutamate, is a flavor enhancer that adds a salty, savory flavor to foods. In Europe and Australia, they call these additive ‘E numbers’ and MSG is E621. If you have an intolerance to MSG, you can experience migraine headaches and insomnia.
Some countries will list it as 621. But, did you know that food manufacturers can also legally ‘hide’ MSG in other ingredients, such as ‘yeast extract,’ ‘pea protein,’ ‘soy extract,’ ‘Vegetable Protein Extract,’ ‘Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP),’ ‘Autolyzed Yeast,’ ‘spices’ and even ‘natural flavorings’? If not, you need to see this video. Jennifer even finds MSG in a organic non-GMO chicken stock. Knowing the trickery in food labels can help you increase the quality of food you are buying instantaneously.
More on Food Additives:
- Hidden Sources of MSG on Food Labels: Video Guide
- Are you eating Processed Foods? Improve the quality of your food, your health & your life!
- Restaurant Cards for Celiac, Gluten-Free & MSG-Free
- Think your Mediterranean Green Olives are a ‘safe, clean’ food? Think again!
- MSG hidden in Packaged Foods: Why I don’t buy 90% of the ‘food’ at WholeFoods
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- What are the symptoms of Heavy Metal toxicity? - 7 June, 2017
- Our Farmhouse Kitchen for under $3K!! Before and After DIY Makeover - 1 June, 2017
- Is your Olive Oil fake or “cut” with inferior oils? Check this list! - 24 May, 2017