Yes, yes…it is true – you are reading that correctly! I have been humbly trying a different approach on my healing journey for the last week or so and that is by reducing the raw foods and increasing cooked foods in my diet. I’ve been seeing an acupuncturist and he has told me that my stomach and spleen energy are very low and that in order to increase them I have to add more cooked foods to my diet, even if it is on a temporary basis. So I thought about it for awhile and then finally decided well, what do I have to lose really? 34 years of cooked foods didn’t kill me so what’s wrong with a few weeks or even months at this stage?
So, I’ve been eating mainly steamed veggies every day and also an occasional salad or some fruit. I try to stay away from the rice even if it is brown rice because I noticed that the rice really brings my energy levels down. I have also been told that there is too much ‘damp’ in my body and the best way to combat damp is with cooked foods. I don’t mind being the guinea pig here, it if works I shall let all of you know. I think we have to be flexible on our healing journeys and also be open to receiving the right information when it is needed for us. For many of you it may be the perfect time for a raw food cleansing diet and I fully support you on that path. But I have been suffering with some lingering bacterias in my body and all of the raw garlic and raw food in the world has not sorted it out for me yet, so I’m gonna give this 5,000-year old Chinese thing a try. With the change in diet and over 3 weeks of acupuncturist so far, I have felt a difference but I can’t really tell where the big picture is taking me just yet.
I do hope that I will balance out the energies and get back to 90-100% raw food soon!
That’s enough on the body for today…how is everyone doing in mind and spirit?? Here’s a little loving nudge to work on forgiveness in your life, LET GO of any lingering negative emotions and tell everyone in your life whom you love that you love them! When you work on your meditation today, focus on the gratitude that you feel for all of the abundance in your life and visualize yourself in your perfect state of health, whatever that means to you.
We must have the powerful energies of gratitude and love flowing freely through us in order to reach our full healing potential!
Much love from a sunny corner of Koh Samui…
More on Raw Food:
- Raw Food, Vegan and Organic Options in Seoul, Korea
- How to Clean Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Featured Superfood – Green Powder Blend Vitamineral Greens
- 70-Year-Old Looks 30, Reveals Fountain of Youth (Yep, Raw Food!)
- How to Eat Out and Order Raw Food in Normal Restaurants
More on Organic Food:
- Organic Vegetarian Food & Raw Restaurant in Dubai, UAE
- Life on an Organic Farm in Hana Maui, Hawaii – Video Tour!
- Top 10 Secrets for Good Health and Longevity: How to Create Your Personal ‘Blue Zone’
- Sprouting Safety – Preventing e.coli and Salmonella in your Bean & Seed Sprouts
- Stop Premature Aging: Take this Anti-Aging Quiz and Mirror Test Now!
More on Detox:
- Easy Recipe: Make organic pickles at home!
- What your Poop and Pee can tell you about Your Health
- How to make a Castor Oil Pack for Healing, Pain Relief or Detox
- What are the symptoms of Heavy Metal toxicity?
- Why the “Detox Myth” is a Myth!
Latest posts by Jennifer Thompson (see all)
- Easy Recipe: Make organic pickles at home! - 20 July, 2017
- What your Poop and Pee can tell you about Your Health - 12 July, 2017
- How to make a Castor Oil Pack for Healing, Pain Relief or Detox - 5 July, 2017